Scotch Porter recognizes those making History and leaving their Legacy
We caught up with Anthony Hamilton for a little dialogue and touched the surface on some of what makes him a quintessential Man. Here’s what he had to say.
- I hear that in addition to being an amazing artist, producer and Grammy-Award winning songwriter, I hear that you are also a barber. That’s amazing! How did that happen?
It’s a gift I happened to pick up helping a kid in my neighborhood. I fell in love with it.
- How would you describe your style?
My style is classic and more natural.
- What are your top three grooming tips and why?
For the hair… Cleanliness – it’s sanitary. Conditioning – keeps the hair and texture manageable. Trimming- Keeps ends and hair healthy from breakage.
- Who is your number one style icon and why?
I don’t have just one that comes to mind. There are so many with different techniques and styles. John Varvatos is high on my list. He pairs the right textures and colors, which makes getting dressed exciting. It’s a manly look that represents what I feel every step I take.
- How are you making history today?
I’m making history today by creating and writing songs that will lead our people out of fear and mental bondage. I also sang for President Obama at the White House last year.
- What mantra or code do you live by when it comes to the work that you do?
To whom much is given much is required. It allows me to appreciate the workload.
- What would you like to see men doing more of in 2017?
I’d like to see men taking their kids to the park and young men to the barbershop like the old days.